For folks working in the City of San Luis Obispo, the Human Relations Commission Grants-in-Aid (GIA) Program is now available online. The program provides financial support to local non-profit organizations that promote the economic and social wellbeing of its citizens.
Applicants applying for 2021-22 GIA funding must be in alignment with adopted funding priorities. The main funding priority is: homeless prevention including, affordable and alternative housing, support services, and transitional housing.
The following additional priority funding areas are not listed in order of importance:
• Hunger and malnutrition prevention
• Supportive physical and mental health services for those in need
• Services for seniors and/or people with disabilities in need
• Supportive developmental services for children and youth in need
• Services encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusivity in marginalized communities
The application can be accessed online, via the following link: http://www.slocity.org/how-do-i-/apply-for/hrc-grants-in-aid.
Completed applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2021. Final applications must be submitted both electronically and in a hard copy format; all instructions can be found in the first three pages of the grant application.
For questions, contact Cara Vereschagin, Housing Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (805) 781-7596.