We are blessed by an embarrassment of riches if you are in search of fun, outdoor experiences. Rent bikes, kayaks and more or choose a guided tour. Whichever way you wish to go, you’re sure to find something to suit any level of physical exertion.
Kayak, standup paddle board and bike rentals and tours, surf lessons and other outdoor experiences.
- Rent a bike (standard or electric), gift a surf lesson or set up an e-bike tour through Cal Coast Adventures.
- Central Coast Outdoors has been hosting hiking, biking and kayaking tours (a few self-guided) throughout the central coast since 2003.
- At Bay Cruisers you can rent electric boats on the bay. Soon, you’ll have the option of trying out Electric Hydrofoils.
- Estero Adventures offers electric pontoon boat rental in addition to kayaks, bikes and more.
- Morro Bay Paddlesports has an array of standup paddle board lessons if you are gifting, or were gifted, a shiny new SUP for the holidays. They also offer an interesting array of kayak tours and a nature tour on an 8-person SUP.
- Looking for more options for surf lessons? Morro Bay Surf School has locations in Morro Bay, Avila and Pismo, so you can choose your break.
- Book whale watching tours or a bay tour on a clear-bottomed boat at Sub Sea Tours.
- Gift your loved one a chartered yacht, hour-long excursions to overnight get-aways, from Toast the Coast. Hopefully, they’ll invite you along!
- Prefer to stay on land? Tour the coast on a scooter from Central Coast Carts. Staff will help you select two-, three-, or four-wheeled carts depending on the size of your group and your tour needs.
- The Museum of Natural History in the Morro Bay State Park, is a great excursion for people of all ages. Fun, educational, and interactive exhibits cover the natural habitats of the area. After touring the museum, there’s a number of gentle walks in the surrounding area where you may see some of the wildlife from the exhibits.
- Finally, if you are looking for a low-cost experience this season, consider packing a picnic and heading out to one of the many state parks for a day. Whether you are planning for a group with young children, physical limitations, or one looking for an intense workout, the Central Coast State Parks Association’s website is a great starting point for planning your day.