The Central Coast is home to a number of locally made foods. Available in many area grocery stores, they make a great gift for out-of-town family and former residents. A sampling to get you started include; Cattaneo Brothers, Taco Works, McLintocks, Cal Poly (including meats, cheeses, jams, wine and more!) Read on for some smaller batch producers.
- Stax Wine Bar & Bistro is a resource for more than 100 local and international wines.
- The Savory Palette specializes in boutique wines from the central coast as well as other growing regions.
- The Morro Bay House of Jerky makes, you guessed it, an assortment of beef and turkey jerky in Morro Bay. For the culinary adventurous, they also offer bacon habanero, whiskey rabbit, python, venison jerkies and more.
- Head to Cayucos for Tequila mustard and quality sausages from Cayucos Sausage Company.
- Before you leave Cayucos, don’t miss stopping by the Brown Butter Cookie Company for their signature cookie or an array of others. Additional locations in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles can be found on their site.
- Linn’s pies are legendary, but their Cambria shop can be easy to miss. Buy pies and quaint home goods at Linn’s Gourmet Goods. Details on all locations, or order online.
- Osos Rojo Hot Sauce is available at farmers markets and on their website.